Monday, August 23, 2010

Renovations

Hello all. This is but a small note to say that I've renovated the place. You'll notice that things are a bit simpler and more organized.

To those who were not here for the previous two months or so, welcome. This blog was created as a motivational tool for a project I'm working on. The product may look like an essay; it may look like a review. I prefer the term analysis, even though that isn't quite right, either. It's more of an analysis-review. A short summary goes before each analysis, and I'll be focusing on what I liked--or didn't like--and why (hence the "review"). In the process, It'll probably look like I'm going more in-depth than I should. I'm not. This is just how I like to analyze things--hence the "analysis."

I'm currently putting my past posts up for heavy revisions. This probably won't happen more than once, because there's already five of them, and it's a major pain having to copy everything and go nitpicking.

And yes, there is a method to this madness. I have a goal: to get through all the books on my bookshelf. But I also have another goal, one that's far more interesting and time-consuming: to study how each author has evolved over time. So far, it's led to the discovery of one book I didn't know existed, one series I would never have read otherwise, and one book that I would never have read due to preconceptions. And I've loved them all.

All right, so every book has its moments. But I can't say I've regretted starting this.

Lastly, I think it might be important to note that I will either own the books analyzed, or they will be checked out of the library. I’ll provide a link in the post of the particularly hard-to-find books (so far there’s been two) to wherever I bought my copy from.

Other than that, my reading list is in the next page over, and some random little updates on the page next to that.

That's it, I think. Advice will be received warmly, book recommendations with much excitement, and general comments with much gratitude. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Pertinent contact information stands as thus: sixcentsofspeculation(at)gmail(dot)com.

Now I think I’ll stop rambling. Heh, that’s a funny word.

Ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...