Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 Challenges

I will be participating in several challenges this year. They are as follows:

The Dystopia Challenge
(hosted by Dutchie at Bookish Ardour)



I'll be signing up for the first level for this one (Asocial), though the level I end up on may be higher. This is because I already own a rather large handful of dystopian novels, and have a tendency to gravitate towards the genre on a regular basis.

I've thought of some possible book choices, and I've come up with:
  1. The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
  2. Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins
  3. Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins
  4. Feed, by M.T. Anderson
  5. Incarceron, by Catherine Fisher
What I end up reading might be different, so I'll be adding the actual titles I complete, with links to reviews, as I go along.


2011 Page to Screen Reading Challenge
(hosted by Christina at Reading Extensively)



I'm signing up under level one right now. This one should be fun, because I'll have an excuse to look for movies.

Possible choices include:
  1. The Phantom of The Opera, by Gaston Leroux
  2. Because of Winn-Dixie, by Kate DiCamillo
  3. Shutter Island, by Dennis Lehane
  4. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis
  5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, by J.K. Rowling
Again, this is just a brainstorming list. I'll be adding the actual titles I complete, with links to reviews, as I go along.

Morbid Romantica Challenge 2011
(hosted by the Mad Scientist at Steampunkery & Book Reviews)

Steampunkery & Book Reviews

Because I'm not certain as to how well I can fit my reading list into each theme, I'll be signing up for level one (Lost Romantica).

2 comments:

  1. Pen, I just replied back to you, but I can also see the banner in your post (twice). So I'm thinking it might be your browser. This has happened to me countless times when I was changing or posting images when I managed forums. I find either clearing the cache, or changing settings in your browser, or waiting awhile results in seeing it eventually.

    Sorry to leave you messages all over the place, I just saw the post and wanted you to know straight away that I can see it, it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more comment! I changed your link over to this one instead of deleting it outright so don't worry about entering any more links, just concentrate on reading and having fun with the challenge! Thanks for joining in and sorry about all the hassle with the badge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...