Friday, December 10, 2010

Book Blogger Hop and Odd Tidbits

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books, to help book bloggers interact, and to find new blogs. Every week, a question is posted for participants to answer.

Question:
"What is the thing you like the most about reading book blogs? Is it the reviews, author guest posts, articles, giveaways, or something else entirely?"

Answer:
As someone relatively new to the blogosphere, I'd have to say that I honestly don't know. Perhaps, if I were to pick one, though, it might be articles. There's just something compelling about the articles, especially when reading a book blog. It's so out of the norm that it becomes more of a way to get to know the blogger than reviews themselves.


In other news, I've found a great new author. Well, he's not new, really, and he's been dead for twenty-eight years. But I'm loving his books. The one I'm reading right now is post-apocalyptic sci-fi, and sports a rather odd (so I thought) title: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

For those who like to know these things, the above-mentioned author is Philip K. Dick, and the book is now also published under the title Blade Runner. Yes, you read that right. The movie we all know and love (those of us who are geeky sci-fi fanatics, anyway) was originally based on a book with a very strange title. So far, it's proven to be a very good book, too, with all the glory of an older science fiction novel.

Hoppy happing!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have found you via the Hop! What I love most about the book blogging community is the enthusiasm and friendliness of the bloggers. Everyone's so welcoming, not to mention wildly enthusiastic about books. It's tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy reading reviews of the books I have never heard of.

    Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness week feature started today. Stop by and see what was posted about Maccon. *grin* And the very comfortable shoes I put my lovely Noah in. Tomorrow the duel will start and by the end of the week there will be character posts and a giveaway.

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you through the Hop and like you blog! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...